CREW MANAGER, UK | CONCERT OPERATIONS
We’re Sofar Sounds, your global music community. We bring people together in unexpected spaces in over 400 cities around the world. We’re artists, music lovers and organisers. We’re a company of musicians for musicians. We create, perform, listen and work to make intimate live music experiences that connect us all. Every show is focused on the artist.
We create space where music matters.There is no other feeling in the world like discovering and experiencing new music and artists. In any Sofar room, when the audience has hushed and that first note is played - it’s magical.
As the Crew Manager, you'll oversee Sofar's part-time employees who execute shows in the UK. These part-time employees, or Crew, are a diverse group of staff who support the performers, host, and fans on-site at every event. Working closely across the Sofar Concerts leadership team, you’ll lead the Sofar Crew program in your region, ensuring the quality and safety of every show, training, supporting and engaging local Crew members and ensuring your region achieves its goals.
Sofar has hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. None of which would be possible without our amazing community of crew, hosts and concert organizers. You will be part of a creative, music-adoring team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new audiences.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee a diverse and inclusive Crew hiring, onboarding, training, management and mentoring process in your region
- Manage quality assurance, ensuring an exceptional experience for every member of the Sofar community - audience members, artists, hosts and local Crew.
- Actively contribute to the Sofar Concerts team in developing strategy and innovating around live music experiences
- Collaborate with our People Ops team to actively partner with with local underrepresented communities to raise awareness of Crew opportunities at Sofar
- Ensure all events are properly staffed, managing communications and other operational duties
- Develop authentic, trust-based relationships with Crew to facilitate feedback, engagement, and retention
- Contribute to achieving regional goals, always with a focus on artist support, quality of experience and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Understand the Crew needs across your region and how to support them
- Best practice trendsetter - champions Concert Operations culture and process
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a proven track record of success recruiting, training and managing a large, diverse and distributed event-focused team
- You have a driving passion to support local musicians and to bring people together
- You’re comfortable working autonomously, making your own decisions while also collaborating and communicating with a diverse, distributed cross-functional team.
- You have a sincere and empathetic approach to leadership and develop a self-motivated culture of honesty, inclusivity and accountability
- You are organized, detail oriented & work well with deadlines
- You are able to work flexible working hours
- You’re creative in finding ways to bring the local Crew and community together
- Previous experience in producing live music events, customer service or hospitality is a big plus
- Eligible for employment in the UK
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
We are proud to have a global workforce and strive towards having a diverse workplace. We have an Equity Council, Employee Resource Groups and ongoing learning and development in this area - DEI is important to us and our culture.
COMPENSATION, PAY EQUITY & BENEFITS
Our people and global communities are precious - we aim to treat them as such. At Sofar we feel strongly about the compensation and benefits that we provide across the board so that no matter your skill set or experience you’re paid fairly according to market rate, plus your health and wellbeing is supported through our local benefits packages.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
We invest in your learning and development and strive to create a learning culture through formal and informal workshops, training, and a personal L&D budget and learning path.
We’ll work with you closely to support you throughout the hiring process. If your CV/ resume shows that your skills and experience have synergy with the job description, then we’ll hop on a call to say “Hello” and to start getting to know one another. If it’s not the right opportunity this time, we’ll always let you know.
Typically our hiring process takes a maximum of 4 weeks end to end. You’ll be guided through the process by our Talent team and an interview panel of lovely humans who will give you support and feedback throughout - we’ll do our very best to create an interview environment that brings out the best in you and sets you up for success.
If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet you - come on in.