Who we are:
What the role is:
Socure is hiring a Sr. Data Scientist to lead efforts to improve our current computer-vision based identity verification solution. The Sr. Data Scientist is part of a global team, and will work under the direction of the Sr. Director of Data Science (Computer Vision) and in close partnership with data science teammates and colleagues in product and engineering. They will contribute in a hands-on capacity to the development and implementation of computer vision algorithms, as well as make technical recommendations to drive solutions.
This role can be based anywhere remotely within the USA.
What You’ll do:
- Lead the the machine learning aspect of projects related to the evolution of the product, working in collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams
- Identify opportunities to solve challenges with novel solutions
- Implement, optimize and deploy cutting edge computer-vision algorithms like OCR, RCNN, MTCNN, SSD ResNet, SSD MobileNet, Barcode Reader,…
- Feature Engineering
- Perform analysis to assess risk of fraud
What You'll Bring:
- Masters or PhD. in deep learning and computer vision
- Experience with at least two of the following: object detection, segmentation, face detection and recognition verification, text detection and recognition or anomaly detection.
- A minimum of 4+ years experience as a data scientist, ML or CV engineer or scientist, contributing in both a hands-on and strategic capacity
- Expertise and knowledge in the state of the art of computer vision and machine learning
- Preferred to have experience with NLP
- You are experienced with GPU
- You have programming experience in Pytorch and/or TensorFlow
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.