Who We Are:
Socure is redefining identity verification with groundbreaking technology, supporting myriad organizations with the most accurate authentication tools in the industry.
What we build helps businesses scale faster, stop fraud, and ultimately allows millions of people who are excluded from the digital economy (due to outdated fraud detection models) to take part in it like everyone else.
Our culture is about innovation, winning, and customer obsession. We are full of top performers that prioritize excellence and results, as well as support for one another, on the path to achieving our mission: to verify 100% of good identities in real time and completely eliminate identity fraud for every applicant on the internet.
To learn more about working at Socure visit our career page here: https://www.socure.com/company/careers
We are currently looking for Data Scientists for our Big Data R&D team, to be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
Would you like to work with talented PhDs, have freedom to research while making an impact? Then the Socure Big Data R&D team is your team! The Socure Big Data R&D team is responsible for developing cutting edge entity-resolution algorithms, using graph techniques on massive datasets for anomaly detection and troubleshooting, supporting the modeling team with feature engineering, building probabilistic models for identity matching, building data-processing pipelines, evaluating the performance of new data sources, and providing analytical support to the Socure compliance and regulatory product suite, which includes a highly acclaimed Know-Your-Customer (KYC) product.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models, and algorithms to drive innovative identity-verification solutions that will add value to our customers
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets. You will play with the biggest datasets available.
- Understand and resolve computational limitations related to parallelizing algorithm application and data processing.
- Provide analytic support to the compliance-product teams. Our compliance products are best in class and gaining great momentum across ALL industries.
- Develop improved models, and perform A/B analysis of production data.
- Report on project status to senior management.
- Work well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s degree with 3+ year of experience OR Ph.D with 1+ years of experience working in an data science analytical role
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning and working with distributed systems.
- Familiarity with UNIX systems
- Python or R
- Pyspark (or Scala a plus)
- Familiarity with Spark, common Machine Learning libraries, and the AWS ecosystem, including EMR and S3.
- Experience with data mining, unsupervised machine learning algorithms, and statistical- tools and underlying theory.
- Additionally, experience with NLP, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, and Airflow (or equivalents) is a big plus!
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.