Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
We are looking for a Developer Support Engineer to join and be a key member of Socure’s Growth team. An expert at solving customer problems with an affinity for SDKs, you’ll be a vital component in ensuring world-class support for our rapidly growing customer base. You’ll take full ownership and provide responsive service to problems reported by customers as they implement and use Socure SDKs, and will work closely with the Engineering and Product teams along the way.
This role is remote in the US in the Eastern time zone.
What You'll Do:
- Drive customer satisfaction through understanding customer needs, providing responsive service to reported problems including but not limited to API integrations, code defects, log analysis, and first line engineering support for Mobile iOS and Android development using Socure SDKs
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering and Product teams to resolve customer issues, and stay up to date on product functionality, acting as the voice of the customer
- Take end-to-end ownership of reported problems, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution
- Communicate status updates to customers via phone and/or email within the required Service Level Agreements
- Leverage logs and monitoring tools to troubleshoot as well as proactively identify problems
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in Technical Support knowledge base
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years experience in Software Development in at least one of the following areas
- Experience with these tools: Android Studio, Gradle, debugger, Android Emulator
- Experience with these tools: Xcode, Cocoapods
- Android: Kotlin with some exposure to Java, shell, and groovy
- iOS: Swift with some exposure to Objective C, Rx Swift
- Prior experience with a modern cross platform framework such as React or Flutter
- 1+ years experience in a customer facing role, ideally Technical Support in a SaaS environment
- Experience supporting software integrations, preferably mobile
- Experience with SDKs, developer frameworks, mobile device and/or web application development
- Familiarity with git and GitHub
- Excellent communication skills and a strong sense of customer empathy
- A self-starter approach to work and the ability to adapt and thrive in rapidly changing circumstances
- Industry: Prior experience with financial services, sponsor banks and financial regulations
- Domain: Prior experience with identity fraud, KYC, consumer watchlists, and DocV technologies
- Experience supporting machine learning based product offering is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend