Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
Socure is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our US engineering team and build core data pipelines and tools to support Socure's business intelligence layer. In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build. It is also critical to build the BI layer to surface core KPIs and metrics to guide our business. It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data, and how to enable data driven culture through meaningful KPIs and metrics.
We are in the early days of designing a data platform to accelerate all our data operations and unlock the creation of our future products, and we’d love you to join us and lead the way!
What You'll Do:
- You will work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Data Science, Infrastructure and Product teams to design and deliver core reports and data pipelines that provide unique insights that shape our future.
- You will work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Product teams and other key stakeholders to define the strategy and roadmap of our finance, operations and analytics automation capabilities.
- You will apply cutting-edge big data and cloud native technologies to build highly reliable and scalable data pipelines to deliver data insight with high quality and low latency.
- You will use modern data visualization tools and techniques to surface insights of data.
- You will translate business questions into SQL queries to support business decisions.
What You'll Bring:
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure technical alignment.
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate production data stores, pipelines and services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security and quality.
- You are strong in communication and passionate about data storytelling.
- You develop an empathy for people and how they use your work.
- You have experience in architecting and building data solutions in modern cloud environment (AWS, GCP ,etc)
- You have hands-on experience with tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, Snowflake, or Airflow, etc.
- You have hands-on experience with BI tools such Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- You are proficient in SQL and data modeling.
- You have hands-on experience in one or more programming languages such as Java, Scala, or Python.
- Experience in data governance and compliance (GDPR, CCPA or PII) is a big plus.
- Experience in NoSQL solutions such as Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB or Elasticsearch is a big plus.
- Experience in building Real-time pipelines, and familiarity with Kafka, Flink or Spark Streaming is a big plus.
- Experience in the modern CI/CD process in delivering platform features is a big plus.
- Prior experience in Identity fraud detection or Entity Resolution is a big plus.
- 5+ years of practical experience in building high scale, production scale data applications.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend