Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
Socure is looking for an experienced ML Engineer to join our US engineering team and support our Machine Learning Platform team.
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, machine learning is at the core of the solutions we build. It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we experiment and collaborate during the building of ML solutions.
We are in the early stages of building a ML Platform to accelerate and automate all our ML operations and unlock the creation of our future products, and we’d love you to join us and help lead the way.
What you'll do:
- Develop and refine core components of the ML Platform
- Build and maintain production-level python libraries.
- Drive best practices in version control and continuous integration / delivery
- Leverage open-source tools and cloud computing technologies
- Own and drive initiatives from conception to completion and production monitoring
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, product teams and other key stakeholders
- Work in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
What you’ll bring:
- Strong previous experience in data engineering, software engineering, MLOps, data science or research.
- Experience in architecting and building ML solutions in modern cloud environment (AWS, GCP, etc)
- Familiarity with best practices in the data engineering and MLOps community
- Strong but flexible opinions and open-mindedness—able and willing to consider other points of view
- Hands-on experience in building highly scalable low-latency data pipelines processing terabytes, or even petabytes of data using tools such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, Snowflake, etc.
- Empathy for people and how they use your work, particularly with translating requests from data scientists and other stakeholders into requirements
- Experience in building highly available and secure data services
- Experience or familiarity with MLOps tools such as MLFlow and Kubeflow
- Proficiency in one or more of the programming languages such as Java, Scala, or Python
Nice to have:
- Experience in NoSQL solutions such as Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, or Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with micro-service design and k8s (Kubernetes) stack
- Experience building and deploying ML models is a big plus
- Experience in the modern CI/CD process in delivering platform features
- Prior experience in identity fraud detection
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.