Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
Socure’s Education team is expanding to include an Instructional Designer. The Education team leads Socure University and other training programs that are essential to helping Socure employees develop the product and domain knowledge they need to thrive in their roles. In the role of Instructional Designer, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with internal technical teams to create online learning courses. You’ll develop and update courses, learning activities, and assessments and deliver training to these technical teams.
What you’ll do:
- Address training needs for Engineering, Product, and Data Science teams by creating course and content development, training delivery, and strategy
- Document requirements for training technical staff
- Create learning paths
- Deliver training to technical teams
- Maintain and update courses and content
- Collaborate cross functionally to deliver a consistent user experience for all users, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Creatively solve problems
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as an Instructional Designer in an agile environment, supporting product and development teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Moodle, Zunos, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience creating technical training that includes APIs, SDK, and/or JSON
- Understanding of basic data science terms and concepts
- Firm grasp of grammar
- Knowledge and application of current instructional design best practices
Nice to have:
- Video editing skills
- Graphics skills
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend