Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we do. It’s how we innovate and the key to offering the most accurate Identity Verification product on the market.
Socure is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our US Engineering team and lead our build out of behavioral analytics for the web.
We are in the early days of designing libraries to capture rich signals about user behavior on the web for correlation against fraud. We would love for you to join us and lead the way.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with our Data Science team to convert streams of user input into data points for use in machine learning
- Think through a range of design challenges to produce a solution that is abstract and generic enough to work in a consistent fashion across a huge range of different web properties with minimal customization or integration
- Gather requirements from clients such that our libraries fit with neatly with their deployment strategies (such as effective integration via a tag management system)
- Ensure that data collection works with a wide range of JS Frameworks and across all major browsers and devices
- Work with Engineering to design real-time ingestion pipelines for aggregating and processing behavioral signals
What You'll Bring:
- You are comfortable owning technical designs and implementation end to end
- You develop with an empathy for people and how they use your work
- You can invision mechanisms for extending the JS Event model to capture generic user input
- You have a strong grasp on design patterns and can write solid JS libraries that follow best practices without adding a lot of 3rd party code
- You use your technical experience to educate your peers
- You have some knowledge of computer graphics for the web (WebGL, GLSL,Canvas, etc)
Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API and named to Inc. Magazine’s Annual List of Best Workplaces 2020; Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Our fast growing list of customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.