Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
We are currently looking for a Staff Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our fast-growing Engineering team. With our Product Engineering team rapidly iterating and deploying new code, our SDETs drive the crucial effort of designing automated test suites that are reliable and maintainable. This team is tasked with ensuring the automated testing of Socure’s existing code and developing thorough test approaches for new features and products. As a key member of this team, you will lead efforts to define and develop new testing tools and strategies, and provide technical leadership to other team members.
This role reports directly to our Director of QA, Mark Chan. You can be based remotely anywhere in the USA. If you are someone who is motivated by solving problems and improving efficiencies, apply now!
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the rest of the Engineering team to deliver high quality products in an agile development environment
- Design and perform automated testing for REST web service APIs / web applications
- Build and enhance automated test suites
- Provide technical leadership, to evaluate and utilize automation frameworks and to improve testing coverage, reliability and efficiency
- Help define and develop new testing tools and strategies
- Design and enhance integration of test automations with CI/CD pipeline, to guarantee quality with frequent code releases to production
- Train and develop other team members
- Provide guidance and run security tests and performance tests
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years of experience with testing, test automation and development
- Strong experience in designing and reviewing test plans and test cases
- Solid experience in both manual and automated testing for REST web service APIs and/or web applications
- Extensive experience in automation frameworks, like testNG, Selenium or Cypress
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Capable of comprehending and contributing to high level requirements and designs
- Good understanding of Linux / Unix platform
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS)
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.