Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
Socure is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Microservice Platform team and help us build its next generation. You will report directly to our Principal Software Engineer and work closely with product engineering, infrastructure teams and product management teams. Leveraging your expertise in the field, you will help build the tools, methods, and framework necessary to manage the entire lifecycle of a microservice. Your team goal will be to maximize the productivity of the product teams.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally with various teams across Socure to define, design, deliver, and operate an integrated, opinionated platform that makes backend engineers incredibly productive
- Focus on reliability as your consistent top priority, to ensure Score is always available
- Work closely with the product teams to understand their pain points and needs, then use this data to help define the short and long term roadmap for the platform
- Assist the design and implementation of our self service microservice platform, enabling the product teams to manage their own services end to end in a consistent way (framework, release process, capacity planning, observability, and so so)
- Build advanced deployment automation allowing us to rapidly bootstrap complete environment in different context (multi region, multi cloud, QA, local machines)
- Develop complete disaster recovery plan for our microservice platform
- Define the standards and tools needed to guarantee the security of the microservice platform
- Help define and maintain the highest quality of code through reusable libraries and frameworks
What you’ll bring:
- Passion for developer experience and developer tools
- Experience building and maintaining microservice platform (release, capacity planning, observability, and so on)
- Experience building and maintaining SaaS platform at scale, guaranteeing high throughput, availability, low latency, and security
- Extreme aptitude to automate operational workloads
- Comfortable providing recommendations and identifying risks and mitigation plans
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.