Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our US Data Science team and help to lead our growing Automation team.
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, machine learning is at the core of the solutions we build. It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale and automate our internal operations.
The DS Automation team is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines and core tooling to support the Fraud & Risk and Client Analysis teams at Socure. If you are a seasoned *Data Engineer*/Data Science Engineer who enjoys operationalizing complex workflows or building tools for others, and have a nose for automating data science work, we’d love to meet and talk about your experiences!
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain production-level python libraries
- Drive best practices in version control and continuous integration / delivery
- Leverage open-source tools and cloud computing technologies
- Own and drive initiatives from conception to completion and production monitoring
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, product teams and other key stakeholders
- Thrive in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Collaborate closely with our Engineering, Data Science, Infrastructure and Product teams to define the strategy and roadmap of our automation team
- Enable a wide team of Data Scientists to perfect our products and expand our offering and offer easy and secure access to data for engineering teams to deliver faster.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong previous experience in data engineering, software engineering, data science or research
- Confident ownership of strategic initiatives end to end
- Ability to work cross-functionally to ensure technical alignment
- Solid technical experience for educating your peers in data engineering technologies, data science and automation
- Familiarity with best practices in the data engineering community
- Strong opinions but flexible and open-minded style—able and willing to consider other points of view
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases—data warehousing experience, particularly with Snowflake or Redshift, is a plus
- Thoughtfulness with scale and design, as well as development and operation of terabyte-scale data pipelines and services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security and quality
- Focus on development with an empathy for people and how they use your work, particularly with translating requests from data scientists and other stakeholders into requirements
- Strong Python programming background and pride yourself on writing clean, testable code
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes—experience with data workflow managers such as Drake, Luigi, or Airflow is a bonus
- Experience with cloud ecosystems—experience with AWS is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.