Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build - It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data and build our ML models.
Socure is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our mobile engineering team and help us build its next generation. Leveraging your expertise in the field, you will help build the tools, methods, and framework necessary to help us build best in class mobile experience for our customers.
You will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be expected to work closely with product engineering and infrastructure teams as well as product management teams, using your authority to influence changes. This is a key strategic leadership position, and you will be responsible for defining the strategy and roadmap for the platform that will power all product development in the coming years.
What you’ll do:
- Build partnerships with onshore and offshore teams for all relevant projects
- Work closely with the product teams that need mobile development to understand their pain points and needs, then use this data to help define the short and long term roadmap for the platform
- Provide strategic leadership, direction and coaching to the Mobile Engineering team
- Recruit and onboard new mobile engineers
- Assist and direct the design and implementation of our mobile SDKs and applications
- Help to define and promote mobile engineering best practices at the company, as well as build and deploy processes
- Help to define and maintain the highest quality of code through reusable libraries and frameworks
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience working across both iOS and Android and at least one modern cross platform framework (React, Flutter)
- Experience building and maintaining production SDKs
- Extreme aptitude to automate operational workloads
- Ability to develop operational knowledge to use any new technology or language as needed for the job
- A strong understanding of SDLC tools and processes, including source control, release control, change control, and automated build solutions
- Comfortable providing recommendations and identifying risks and mitigation plans
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate multiple projects at a time, including proven ability to use resources effectively and efficiently
- A customer-first mindset and ability to communicate complex technical concepts with individuals across varying levels and functions of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, while building and conveying compelling value propositions
- Comfortable working within Agile methodologies in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.