Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
What you’ll do:
- Advise on a broad range of commercial matters and support our sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- Review, draft, negotiate, and interpret a wide range of technology and commercial contracts including SaaS agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts, and partnership agreements
- Assist our Head of Legal in identifying and advising management on legal issues and risks and offer creative risk mitigation solutions
- Become and expert on company's products and business model and provide our product team with legal guidance in connection with product development
- Prepare and maintain template agreements
- Provide support to the Head of Legal on corporate and general legal matters as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- Three to five years of post JD experience negotiating commercial technology agreements for tech companies (SaaS preferred). Fintech and/or data licensing experience is a plus. Law firm training preferred.
- JD from an accredited law school and active Bar membership
- Experience supporting sales teams selling enterprise software/services.
- Ability to independently manage and own multiple projects with varying deadlines; the ability to make decisions under ambiguous circumstance
- Voice your opinion and a drive for continuous improvement
- A focus on closing deals and finding pragmatic solutions to any issue you encounter
- Adapt to change in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Collaborative partnership and diplomatic communication with multiple constituencies
- You understand the commitment and hard work involved in working at a successful, fast growing start-up.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.