Who we are:
Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in digital identity verification technology for Day Zero and beyond. Our predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques, with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, phone, address, IP, device, velocity, and the broader internet, to verify identities in real-time. We have more than 400 customers across the financial services, gaming, telecom, and ecommerce industries, including three of the top five banks, seven top 10 issuers, three top MSBs, multiple tier-one payroll providers, the top credit bureau, and over 75 of the largest and most successful fintechs such as Varo Money, Public, Chime, and Stash. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Accel, Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Sorenson, Citi Ventures, Wells Fargo Strategic Capital, Synchrony, MVB Bank, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Our trophy case includes numerous industry awards and accolades, including being named one of Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2021 as well as the Best New Technology Introduced over the Last 12 months – Data and Data Services at the 2020 American Financial Technology Awards (AFTAs), being ranked #70 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, getting listed as a Gartner Cool Vendor, and winning Finovate’s Award for Best Use of AI/ML, to name a few!
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build - It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data and build our ML models. This is where you come in!
What the role is:
What you'll do:
- Provide support to the SVP, Legal on corporate and general legal matters, such as financing transactions, litigation and HR
- Assist our SVP, Legal in identifying and advising management on legal issues and risks and offer creative risk mitigation solutions
- Create and improve processes and policies
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of technology and commercial contracts including SaaS agreements, POCs, NDAs, vendor contracts and partnership agreements
- Support our product counsels with product development matters
What you'll bring:
- 5-7 years of post JD experience advising technology companies on corporate matters, public company experience is a strong plus
- JD from an accredited law school and active NY Bar membership
- Experience supporting sales teams and negotiating technology transactions with Fortune 500 customers
- Love of being a lawyer and owning your projects
- Not afraid to voice your opinion and strive to constantly improve yourself and everything you are involved with
- Problem solver who is not afraid to make decisions under ambiguous circumstances, with tight deadlines, and work efficiently and independently on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- A bias for closing deals and finding pragmatic solutions to any issues you encounter.
- Balance between seeing the big picture and the finer details
- Adaptable to change in an extremely fast paced, dynamic environment
- Expert-level communication in a professional and respectful manner
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.