Who we are:
What the role is:
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Client Analysis team to be based anywhere remotely in the USA.
In this unique role as Senior Data Scientist, you will leverage your experience developing algorithms and analyzing massive data sets to tell data stories while also working in partnership with the go-to-market team to drive revenue generation for Socure by ensuring that potential and existing customers can understand - through deep analysis - the benefit and value of Socure’s products throughout the pre and post sales cycle.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Scientist who thrives when they're able to communicate a data story to an audience (tech and non-tech), and who is not satisfied only working behind the scenes. Data Scientists on the Client Analysis team are compensated for their part in driving new business with a generous incentive bonus opportunity on top of competitive base salary.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze massive customer data sets, come up with actionable insights, explain how our models perform and how we can help our customers build optimal risk management policies.
- Act as Data Science advocate: deeply understand Socure’s solutions (products, models and algorithms) and customers’ risk challenges to educate and influence from a scientific perspective
- Create convincing data stories to showcase how we can help our customers eliminate identity fraud, streamline their end-user experience, and support their risk management efforts holistically
- Provide thought leadership and be the customer’s voice for building the next generation of Socure’s core models and product
- Create tools and automated workflows to improve the speed, accuracy, and reproducibility of our analysis
- Partner closely with GTM teams (Sales, Solution Consultants, Account Managers and Technical Account Managers) to derive creative ways of analysis and identify opportunities for upsell and product optimization
- Build ML models when it is advantageous to explore different approaches over the established models in production
What You'll bring:
- You have a degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent work experience - advanced degree is preferred.
- You have 3+ years experience in data science, data analysis, or analytics engineering
- You have extensive theoretical and practical understanding of state-of-the-art supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods
- You know how to write clean, performant code in Python and/or R, and have 2+ years experience working with massive real-life datasets
- You have experience querying relational databases with SQL
- You have experience working with cloud tools and technologies in AWS, Azure or GCP
- You know how to tell stories with data (dashboarding, building interactive data stories and actionable presentations)
- You are able to explain very complex algorithms, models, analyses to non-technical audiences
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator and are comfortable delivering presentations with clear, complete messages
- You thrive in a remote work environment and are excellent at setting clear goals and holding yourself accountable
- You have an interest in identity verification and fraud prevention (preferred)
Technologies we use
The client analysis team makes extensive use of the following tools, an ideal candidate will have experience with at least some of these tools and be excited to learn to use the other ones.
- RStudio teams (Workbench, Connect and Package manager)
- R language and ecosystem (The tidyverse family of R packages, Rmarkdown Shiny)
- Python ecosystem (H2O, SHAP, Seaborn, Jupyter, etc)
- Apache Arrow
- Redshift, Snowflake, S3
- Apache Spark
- Amazon EMR
- Git and Gitlab
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.