Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies, and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted online/offline data intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media and the broader Internet to verify identities in real-time. Customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. We are funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures and Two Sigma Ventures
The only way we can further our mission of becoming the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminating identity fraud is by building the best team on the planet. This is where you come in!
The data science team is responsible for developing and improving Socure’s identity verification products. Socure is a data science company at our core, so our team is central to everything the company does.
Socure is hiring a Lead Data Scientist to lead efforts to improve our current computer-vision based identity verification solution.
The Lead Data Scientist is part of a global team, and will work under the direction of the Director Data Science and in close partnership with data science teammates and colleagues in product and engineering. They will contribute in a hands-on capacity to the development and implementation of computer vision algorithms, as well as make technical recommendations to drive solutions.
This role can be based remotely in the USA or Canada
For more information, check out this brief video featuring Socure’s SVP Data Science Pablo Abreu.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the the machine learning aspect of projects related to the evolution of the product, working in collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams
- Identify opportunities to solve challenges with novel solutions
- Implement, optimize and deploy cutting edge computer-vision algorithms like OCR, RCNN, MTCNN, SSD ResNet, SSD MobileNet, Barcode Reader,…
- Feature Engineering
- Perform analysis to assess risk of fraud
- Masters or PhD. in deep learning and computer vision (document verification work would be highly valuable)
- A minimum of 4+ years experience as a data scientist, contributing in both a hands-on and strategic capacity
- Expertise and knowledge in the state of the art of computer vision and machine learning
- You are experienced with GPU
- You have programming experience in Pytorch and/or TensorFlow
- Experienced with optimization of models to reduce memory and latency
- Experienced with embedding deep learning into mobile devices
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process to deploying deep-learning models to production
- Hands-on and motivated to build things and make them work
- Skillful communicator and collaborator partnering with cross-functional teams and communicating statistical fundamentals to a variety of audiences
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Free meals, snacks, and drinks...and so much more