Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive and Zynga family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
Here at Socialpoint, we are delighted to be looking for a Data Engineer Intern to join our Team.
About the role:
As a Data Engineer Intern you will help build the architecture that drives our business.
You will learn how to design Socialpoint’s Data Warehouse and ensure the highest level of data integrity and robustness. You will learn how to make all this data available to the different teams using cutting-edge visualization tools.
To achieve all of this you will work closely with awesome developers and data scientists to make Socialpoint’s BI tools and architecture the best in the industry. You will learn to:
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and ETL processes to ingest, transform, and load data
- Develop and optimize queries and scripts
- Creation of automated data pipelines
To join our Guild you’ll need:
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics or math)
- Scripting experience/knowledge in Python. Experience with other programming languages will also be considered.
- Knowledge/experience in SQL. You can optimize a query for a specific database and understand the different capabilities of a given vendor DB.
- You have a big interest in data and how it’s transformed into useful, actionable information
- Excellent communication skills, know how to work in a team, prioritize and manage your own workload.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
And also, you should be:
- Professional, passionate about data, proactive, team player, rigorous and detail oriented.
- You have strong opinions on maintaining high quality work, can defend them and are open to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- You work fast, quickly get up to speed with existing code and can adapt to fast changing situations.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- WFH monthly bonus
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam
- T2 Discounts
Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.