Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny & cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS & Android, that are played & loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
In 2017, we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, NBA, XCom...) & we have been expanding our activities ever since, as well as creating exciting new opportunities for super talented people to work with us!
Join the challenge & help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
- Responsible for developing & being the expert player of the combat or action phase of the game, defining systems, rules, game entities & balancing to maximize gameplay richness & continuously extend game content during its lifespan.
- Align with Lead Game Designer to transform high-level goals into low-level specifications that provide the best user experience & value.
- Use all sources of feedback (community, pro players, forums, analytics, etc) to understand the state of your game’s meta to plan how to scale the game over its lifespan.
- Cooperate with engineers, artists & UI/UX Designers to provide roadmaps for your features, follow through it to deliver awesome fun for players.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years experience in game design
- You are an expert in competitive gaming, being an advanced player yourself in one or more of the top games in the scene on any platform.
- At least 1 full release cycle working on a combat-centric game on any platform, having focused your contribution in areas related to combat design.
- You are passionate about games & have an intuitive and deep sense for fun.
- Excellent communication & team-playing skills.
- You have a systemic approach to gameplay development, understand the relations between the different game parts & how a change can impact the overall game.
- You have an artistic eye & are able to provide both inspiration and feedback to artists you work with.
- You care most about what players think about your game, & like to be in contact with them to source ideas for the game
What’s in it for you as a SocialPointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are working remotely until further notice. However, this hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case!
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (& forget your wallet).
And whenever we return to the office…..
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- Want to stay in shape? We have a br& new gym, football & basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons & help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.