Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny & cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS & Android, that are played & loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
In 2017 we were acquired by Take Two Interactive (GTA, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption, NBA, XCom...) & we have been expanding our activities ever since, as well as creating exciting new opportunities for super talented people to join our teams!
Join the challenge & help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
Socialpoint is currently looking forward to welcoming a super talented Lead Backend Engineer to work for one of our top games, Monster Legends!
We are aiming for a humble natural leader that also enjoys to work in a team while mentoring others & is really passionate about video games (a true gamer!), has an eye for details but also a great problem solving capacity as well as organizational skills.
And last but not least, it would be someone that can adapt to a fast-paced environment, driven by excellence with a strong, objective, opinion regarding high-quality work.
What will you do at Social Point?
As a Lead Backend Developer, you will lead & guide a group of backend developers towards successful project deliveries. To achieve sustainable results, you will work in collaboration & report directly to the game’s Technical Director on the following areas:
- Define individual & team growth goals with your developers, follow up on them in frequent 1:1 sessions & group meetings.
- Support your team with their queries & empower them to make productive decisions.
- Prioritize, multi-task & perform in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Define technical guidelines, best practices, workflows & automation procedures.
- Define, design & develop high available software systems.
- Facilitate the information on project goals/tasks to the team.
- Collaborate closely with the studio tech leadership to balance shared code development ensuring success across several projects.
- Determine the feasibility of the sprint features, regarding time & cost.
- Team up with HR to participate in recruitment activities from time to time.
What are we looking for?
- Solid professional experience within software development as a Lead Engineer, Technical Lead or a similar position.
- Good understanding of collaboration with a team of senior developers.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiente.
- Profound & disciplined programming skills & experience in system design, architectures & best practices & techniques used in games.
- Strong background in languages like Golang, PHP, Java, C#, etc
- Experience designing & implementing complex systems with multiple parts & technologies.
- Experience with application scalability, performance, & reliability.
- Experience with application & system orchestration: understand where you code fits within the big picture.
- Performance analysis & optimization skills.
What's in it for you as a Socialpointer?
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are working remotely until further notice. However, this hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!
- You’ll get the newest & most powerful devices & equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case!
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you & our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (& forget your wallet).
And whenever we go back to the office....
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football & basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons & help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on & on... so get your game on & apply now!