Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Socialpoint?
- Work with Product and Art to define the game vision and high-level goals
- Responsible for defining the high level design requirements, setting the quality benchmark and user experience for all systems in the game
- Cooperate with the engineering, art and UI/UX design leads in your project to ensure awesome fun is delivered to players with top efficiency
- Mentor and grow the designers in your team/studio
- Take part and responsibility in the department-wide initiatives and discussions
This is you
- You are passionate about games and have an intuitive and deep sense for fun
- You have a natural talent to liaise with stakeholders and inspire teams
- Excellent communication and team-playing skills
- Great focus and organization, able to take problems one by one and solving them before moving to the next one
- Ability to abstract problems and think in terms of systems, functions and experience
- Strong numerical skills
You also have
- Extensive knowledge of the mobile gaming market and an extensive background as a gamer (mobile, but also PC, console, tabletop, pen and paper)
- At least 1 full release cycle on mobile free to play as Lead Game Designer, managing its design team and setting goals and strategy together with Product
- 5+ years experience in game design, including 1+ years on a live game
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
What we offer you:
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are working remotely until further notice. However, this hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case.
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
And when we return to the office later this year:
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus! Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (and forget your wallet).
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!
The list just goes on and on... so get your game on and apply now!
Do you want to level up? Press start.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.