SocialCode combines audience data, insights, creative and measurement to drive superior performance for leading brands. We offer an integrated technology and service solution that transforms consumer and brand data into highly effective planning, media activation and measurement for a variety of leading Fortune 500 and emerging brands. Our deep expertise in people-based media, advertising, and e-commerce platforms like Facebook, Google, and Amazon drives superior business results and actionable insights about customers and prospects.
We’re looking to hire a Data Software Engineer to help to further develop our analytics platform for audience and campaign data. The ideal candidate has a passion for data and building software to harness it, and will be joining a team of seasoned engineers to take that passion to the next level!
How You Can Make An Impact:
- Collaborate with other engineers to produce a robust, highly performant data pipeline including data ingestion, transformation, aggregation, and storage of data for analysis and modeling.
- Orchestrate complex workflows to accommodate a range of large-scale data sets from our clients and partners across several targeted verticals.
- Build APIs and services to expose powerful analytical capabilities to our application.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in software engineering, including at least 1 year working with big data tooling
- Desired experience:
- Expertise in Python, Java or an equivalent high-level language (Python strongly preferred).
- Comfort with software engineering fundamentals: including object-oriented programming, code review, unit testing, and code version-control
- Experience with the AWS platform or equivalent cloud computing stack.
- Big data processing frameworks like Apache Spark
- Domain experience and interest highly desirable in the following areas:
- Computational advertising and/or marketing technologies
- Cloud-based analytics environments (such as Qubole or DataBricks)
- Ingesting and transforming large-scale data sets (both in batch and streaming fashion)
- Workflow management tools such as Airflow, AWS Step Functions, or Oozie
- Excellent leadership, written and verbal communication, analysis, design, development, and collaborative problem-solving skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + Quarterly bonus eligibility
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, FSA/HSA) + 401(k) & pension
- Continuing education dollars + Sabbatical program
- Casual dress + Catered Lunch + In-office snack surplus