ABOUT THE ROLE
SocialCode combines audience data, insights, creative and measurement to drive superior performance for leading brands. We've been an industry leader since there's been an industry. Here at SocialCode, regardless of your department we will help you become an expert in a complex discipline. You'll work with smart, driven, fun people. You'll learn every day, be pushed everyday, and succeed everyday. This is the SocialCode Contract: We'll help you drive our growth across the social, mobile, digital marketing universe.
We are looking for a strong lead engineer to work alongside experienced data engineers on our Data Platform team, putting terabytes of data to work powering SocialCode’s business. We collect and process large volumes of incoming data, use best-of-breed storage solutions to make it available, and deliver reports and analysis on top of the data. You’ll work with streaming data platforms, big data processing tools, cutting edge database systems, and help design and write the critical code that brings it all together. It is up to you to lead the future direction of the team and to choose the right technologies that will provide the most benefit to the company.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead a team of Data Platform Engineers, understand the current architecture, and decide on the future direction of the data warehousing needs of the company.
- Impact SocialCode’s bottom line, developing data pipelines that deliver high-value data for reporting and analytics.
- Ensure the accuracy of our data and downstream analytics by building monitoring tools and obsessing over details.
- Grow your engineering skills by collaborating on projects alongside our team of experienced data engineers.
- Maintain high standards across the team by contributing to code and architecture reviews.
- Collaborate with Product to determine priority, level of effort, and impact of data pipeline improvements.
- 2 years of Engineering management experience
- 7 years of Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expertise in data warehousing technologies, and the ability to weigh the pros and cons of each architecture decision
- Depth of knowledge with the following: Cloud computing platforms (AWS or similar), Relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL; Cloud-based data warehouses (Redshift, Google BigQuery); BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, QuickSight
- Experience with: Cluster computing frameworks such as Spark, Storm, or Hadoop; Streaming services like Kinesis or Kafka
- Proficiency writing software in Python and/or Java
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary + Bonus eligibility
- Full benefits + 401(k) & pension
- Continuing education dollars + Sabbatical program
- Rapid learning and growth opportunities
- Casual dress + In-office snack surplus