We believe that our people are our differentiator.
We are seeking a Development & Programs Manager to work in close collaboration with our business leaders and People Operations team to create and implement engaging development practices and people programs that are tied to our business and people strategy from a holistic perspective.
You will deliver a learning and development framework that is focused on growing our leaders and maintain strategic training initiatives to be scaled across the organization. You will support talent management by creating innovative approaches around programs to retain and support our employees. The key area of impact is improving business results by ensuring strong and healthy management practices practiced within our organization.
Main responsibilities include:
- Build out learning and development program focused on managers and strengths philosophy - making it scalable and integrated into culture, behaviors, and people framework.
- Develop content and facilitate sessions that allow people managers to understand the skills and expectations of being a people manager.
- Work closely with Media Operations team to align enablement training to soft skills for maximum adoption and reinforcement.
- Consult with internal stakeholders on performance issues; conduct needs assessments and analyze learning needs related to business knowledge, management/leadership skills, interpersonal skills and professional skills (e.g., influence, presentation, writing)
- Design, develop/source and implement blended learning solutions in a variety of delivery modes including online and instructor led training.
- Design org-wide core people programs with accompanying project and execution plans for optimal delivery. Core people programs to include:
- Engagement Survey, Performance Management
- Leadership & Management Development
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Evaluate program effectiveness to maintain quality and impact; recommend changes to clients and implement as needed.
- Work closely with People Ops Business Partners to align on execution and delivery of programs for cohesive outcomes.
- Tying to internal communications strategy, work with Head of People to connect the dots on what the org needs to know now and in the future.
This is a senior individual contributor role with up to 30% training delivery and approximately 10-15% travel.
Knowledge and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Preferred degrees: Instructional Design, Human Resource Development, Organizational Psychology, Marketing or a related area.
- 5-7 years or more of experience in L&D and/or HR field preferred.
- Experience in facilitation/delivery of training and experience as a people manager.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast- paced environment.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at varying levels of management with credibility.
- Comfort with complexity, ambiguity, and change.
- Possess strong content writing ability, oral communication skills, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to effectively support improvement recommendations and outcomes.
- Proven ability to think strategically to design and develop learning solutions to close gaps between current and desired skill levels.
- Ability to manage projects, build relationships, communicate (verbal and written) and collaborate.
- Experience in testing and publishing in a learning management system.
- Self-starter with confidence, enthusiasm, and strong customer service orientation.
- Passion for learning and self improvement.
- Experience in facilitation/delivery of online/webinar sessions.
- Previous experience working with a learning management system.