As the People Operations Specialist you will be the subject matter expert on HR processes & people data. You take pride in being creative and resourceful when tasked with a complex problem. You understand how core operations are an integral part of running a successful business. And, of course you are always up for a challenge as we are in an ever changing environment & we are iterating to always do and be better.
This position will report to Rachel Yezzi, People Ops Business Partner, and will be based in Washington, D.C. You will work closely with our teammates in SF and NY.
What you’ll do:
- Manage HRIT & people data in Workday (HRIS) and Greenhouse (ATS)
- Analyze people data & support people analytics program by creating monthly people ops dashboards & contributing to quarterly org health dashboards
- Audit & process bi-weekly payroll with support of payroll admin
- Administer benefits (open enrollment, monthly audits, annual compliance audit)
- Partner with finance to manage quarterly bonus payout process & annual merit pay process
- Serve as a liaison to our parent company, Graham Holdings’, core teams: HRIS, Benefits, Payroll
- Manage compliance protocol related to people data & processes (sox, soc2, hce, aca, contractors), and keep up with & direct changes to our employment policies based on current employment law (CA, NYC, DC)
- Develop and support streamlined operational processes for POps & proactively identify and recommend process improvements
- Support efforts related to our programs & initiatives: performance management cycles, mentorship, leading and managing, internal mobility, wellness workshops, etc
Who you are:
- Curious & Creative
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in HRIT (Workday and Greenhouse preferred)
- Payroll processing experience
- Consulting experience + strong analytical, detail-oriented approach to solving operational issues and creating logical efficiencies
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Excel & an understanding of people related data sets
- Ability to write technical processes in a clear and concise way in order for anyone to understand and take action from
- Experience owning programs and projects from beginning to end
- Appreciation for a dynamic work environment that will constantly allow you to build & practice new skills
What you’ll get out of this job:
The ability to see under the hood of a early life-stage company in a fast & heated industry. You will gain total understanding of how our company works from a people perspective & awareness of how the org operates overall. As you master the above outlined responsibilities, you will have an opportunity to explore other aspects of HR based on your strengths & interests (programming, analytics, partnering, recruiting, etc). We are small but mighty team, so the sky’s the limit for learning & opportunities.