Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
Join our dynamic Business Applications team as a Finance Systems Administrator, where you will play a crucial role in managing, maintaining, and optimizing our core finance applications to support the operational needs of our business. This position involves a blend of technical proficiency, problem solving skills, and collaborative teamwork.
Role Location: Ottawa
You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Manage and maintain our core finance applications, including Oracle NetSuite and integrated cloud-based applications such as Coupa, Mesh, Expensify, Stripe, Avalara, Adaptive, Mesh
- Manage system upgrades and refreshes, ensuring operational continuity and system integrity
- Respond to end-user requests and tickets, providing timely solutions aligned with best practices and business priorities.
- Maintain user access and roles, upholding appropriate segregation of duties within our systems
- Work collaboratively across teams to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve system and integration issues
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and implement system enhancements and improvements
- Develop comprehensive documentation for system enhancements and conduct user training sessions to foster user adoption.
- Assist with data analysis, audits, and reporting
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data, and maintain data import/ export processes and integrations
- Actively engage in system-related projects and initiatives as needed
What You’ll Need:
- Proven experience as a NetSuite Administrator or similar role
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with financial systems, in an administrative or related function
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles and practices
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Strong data management skills and Excel capabilities
- Working knowledge of NetSuite workflows, scripts, custom records, and fields
- To be highly self-motivated with a strong sense of initiative, ability to anticipate needs
- The ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies independently using documentation and online resources
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical thinking, detail-oriented
- To enjoy the speed of a fast-paced environment
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.
Benefits & Programs
Prioritize health, wellness, financial security, and life balance with programs tailored to your location and role.
- Flexible working hours, work-from home allowances, in-office perks, and time off for learning and self development
- Generous vacation and wellness time off, country-specific holidays, and 100% paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Health benefits, employee assistance plans, and annual wellness allowance
- Country-specific life insurance, disability benefits, and retirement/pension programs, plus mobile phone and education allowances