Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk, as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in. Snyk is a developer security platform that makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk is on a mission to make the world a more secure place by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Reporting to the Manager of User Documentation, you’ll work closely with our main Product group (Snyk Open Source), to deliver high-quality technical documentation to our developer user base.
You’ll spend your time:
- Writing and enhancing user documentation based on the Snyk Open Source product.
- Training and mentoring content creators to build a good content-creation practice.
As a company we are distributed across our offices including; Cluj, London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you:
- Have a good level of development experience (ideally, working in a development team)
- Can understand, review, and write clear documentation, based on complex technical concepts.
- Can understand, use and describe developer tools, including APIs, CLIs, and IDEs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Enjoy collaborating with different teams
- Can enable and support content created by SMEs who are not professional writers.
- Able to manage your own time and work schedule to prioritise the important work first
- Ability to pull together many threads of information into one cohesive entity
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience working with open-source software.
- Have worked in an agile software development environment.
- Have written detailed technical content for developer audiences.
- Are familiar with using developer tools and environments.
What does our interview process look like?
We start by having a video call to get to know you. We’ll tell you more about us, the role, and why our culture is so great! We also want to hear about you, your skills and experience, and why you are interested in exploring Snyk.
Next up we’ll send you a take home exercise. Ideally, you will get it back to us within a week and we can take a look at your work.
From there we’ll have an onsite interview where you will get to visit our office, meet a few different members of the BI team, and other stakeholders either in person or over Zoom, and find out everything you need to know about the way we work.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is committed to creating an inclusive and engaging environment where our employees can thrive as we rally behind our common mission to make the digital world a safer place. From Snyk employee resource groups, to global benefits that help our employees prioritize their health, wellness, financial security, and a work/life blend, we aim to support our employees along their entire journeys here at Snyk.