Software Engineering, Cloud Security
We’re looking for collaborative and experienced engineers to help build a fantastic cloud security platform for developers. You’ll work with our friendly and cross functional team of engineers and product managers to extend and improve our service, utilizing your creativity and curiosity to help the team design and evolve a robust and highly scalable cloud service.
This role is primarily focused on backend development. We like Go and Typescript and use both behind the scenes, depending on the situation. We prefer pragmatism over idealism.
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive working environment we’ve fostered, where we can benefit from different perspectives within our team. It’s important that everyone feels comfortable contributing their ideas and views.
This position may be based in our London offices, or remotely from the UK.
You’ll spend your time
- Helping shape the engineering approach to adding new features to our SaaS.
- Developing and extending APIs used to manage and secure resources in the cloud.
- Authoring new libraries and functionality in Go to efficiently work with cloud resources, security rules, and other cloud security concepts.
- You will become familiar with AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud concepts and the related security issues and misconfigurations that are possible.
- Assisting with deployments, CI/CD, automated testing, and system monitoring.
- Collaborating with the rest of the team via shared whiteboards, Slack, and Zoom.
- Participating in our on-call rotation (compensated)
You should apply if you
- Consider yourself a versatile, self-sufficient developer
- Are comfortable with designing web services and APIs
- Have an interest in or want to learn more about cloud engineering and cloud security
- Like taking action and making progress, even when the path isn’t totally clear
- Are a proactive collaborator
- Work sustainably, quickly, and iteratively
- Are fluent in English
We’d especially love to hear from you if you
- Have used AWS, Google, or Azure clouds
- Deploy and manage infrastructure with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other IaC tools
- Have a familiarity with Docker
- Are curious and love to explore new domains, technologies, and approaches
- Have prior experience developing a SaaS
Please apply below! We care deeply about the inclusive environment we’ve created and we highly value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway 🙂
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.