The Product Marketing Lead will join a growing team of Marketers and a cross-functional group of product, engineering, design and customer success managers driven to build an efficient revenue engine that drives customer engagement and long-term revenue growth.
The Developer Growth group is responsible for all programs, engagement and monetization of our free users, who constitute the largest source of leads for our Product-Led Business. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Marketer to help better define our ideal customer base for our rapidly growing self-serve e-commerce revenue channel. The ideal candidate will be curious and initiate a breadth of always-on customer insights programs, develop robust messaging frameworks for our primary and secondary audiences and execute product marketing campaigns that help users become successful and monetize with Snyk.
Core to this role is collaboration with leaders in Product, Engineering, User Enablement, Customer Success, Business Intelligence and Demand Marketing groups to develop a cohesive strategy that inspires our users and customers to advance their security posture with Snyk.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Growth Marketing.
Day to day duties;
- Develop our primary and secondary personas and align those with core product positioning and messaging to empower go-to-market motions for Growth Marketing, Demand Gen and Sales organizations
- Use data and insights to further refine our customer profile, develop more nuanced Personas and associated messaging, engagement programs, and leverage insights to anticipate and respond to customer needs
- Work with the cross-functional Product Led Growth team to develop and execute an aggressive schedule of experiments that will quickly and continuously increase conversion through the funnel and help our teams develop deeper understanding of our customers
- Influence and contribute to product strategy with focus on users by drawing on quantitative/qualitative research insights and developing a strong understanding of the broader ecosystem and competitive landscape
- Educate Sales Leaders and Regional Marketing leads on the most effective plays and campaigns to promote effective Sales upsells on free and Self-Serve customers
- Participate in the evolution of our pricing strategies and experimentation to drive improved revenue conversion
- Take ownership of optimizing for and achieving our revenue KPIs in partnership with the larger Developer Growth team; Regularly share results, learning and next steps with Marketing, Developer Growth and Sales leadership
Measures of success;
- Conversion of free users to trial
- Growth and acceleration of Self-Service revenue
- Growth of Self-Serve to Sales Sold revenue
- Pipeline generated from our product-led free user channel
- 5-8+ years of Product Marketing experience in a startup or direct-to-consumer environment; experience with developer services is a major plus
- Experience in building consumer/customer insights using industry research and a combination of qualitative and quantitative research to identify new market opportunities
- Demonstrated achievements working with data to drive insights, inspire campaigns and inform strategy
- Experience working with product and data teams to create personas or Jobs to be Done frameworks
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.