People Business Partner - R&D
Location: This role is based in our UK office but does allow for some remote work.
We’re looking for an experienced People Business Partner to join our growing team and partner with managers, employees, and the wider People team. As a contributing member of the People Business Partner team, this role is responsible for the mid level management partnering function for the R&D (Engineering, Product and CTO) organizstion and working with the wider People team.
Being a local subject matter expert on employee matters and associated legislation, you’ll have a background in partnering with a tech start up experiencing high growth and have a thorough understanding of the pace and challenges in this environment.
You’ll spend your time:
- Reporting directly to the Director, People Business Partnering - R&D and working closely with the People Business Partner team to implement a globally united people strategy
- Building strong consultative relationships with mid level management to align people deliverables with business strategy
- Bringing best practice and external perspectives to strategic and operational business discussions and people management decision-making
- Coaching mid level managers to strengthen the talent level of people leadership
- Working with relevant stakeholders to support all people programs and strategies including talent management, employee life-cycle management, coaching and organisational design
- Partnering with the broader People team, act as the single point of contact with the business stakeholders in the areas of total rewards, learning and development, people services, people experience, organisational effectiveness and talent attraction
- Supporting the resolution of complex people and employee relations issues as a clear subject matter expert for local employment laws
- Analysing trends and data to derive insights that shape the people strategy
You should apply if you:
- Embrace our People team core values:
- One Team - Own the overall people experience. We only win together.
- Care Deeply - Take every opportunity to elevate one another.
- Ship It - Be effective, not perfect.
- Think Bigger - Not why can’t I, but how do we?
- Have experience in human resource business partnership, especially in org design, performance management, employee relations, and coaching
- Have experience working in a global tech and high growth organisation
- Have significant experience in UK employment law and HR practices required
- Have a proven track record of using data and insight to inform, shape and tailor decisions made
- Have experience partnering with a fast paced and scaling function
- Have experience partnering with mid level members of an R&D function
- Are a strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to be hands-on; and have a real passion for problem solving
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have the ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organisation, influence behaviour, and manage change
- Have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Have a high degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
- Are an effective listener and communicator able to influence actions and outcomes
- Have helped transition a business through an IPO
- Have prior experience integrating acquisitions
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.