All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Engineering Manager, Program Analysis, Security & Machine Learning
Location: Zurich, London or Tel Aviv
We’re looking for an empathetic, collaborative, and goal-oriented leader to lead one of our engineering teams. This team provides a user configurable code analysis engine based on sound foundations and technically executed on top of a novel Datalog solver.
You know how to get a team collaborating to achieve goals, by making sure everyone is clear on the mission, while also having the freedom and space to figure out how to achieve them.
You'll grow and retain an effective, impactful team that evolves its own processes and practices. Helping your team members develop and practise their skills. Finding them the right opportunities to step up, as well as hands on support with pairing and mentoring.
Your team will be split across Zurich, London and Tel Aviv. You will own the future direction, development, and operational reliability of parts of our platform.
You’ll spend your time:
- managing a team of strong software engineers also pushing state-of-the-art in research in programming languages
- providing team members with regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring
- hiring the right people to enhance the team
- working with other teams to achieve shared goals
- working with your team’s product manager to plan and achieve goals
- ensuring the team:
- shapes the product vision, plan, and achieves goals
- communicates proactively and sets realistic expectations
- supports customers and other Snyk teams
- balances delivery of current goals with ongoing tech and research investment
- builds and maintains stronger competitive advantage and domain expertise
- is continuously improving
- leading group (team-of-teams) initiatives or goals
As a company we are distributed across several offices in London, Tel Aviv, Zurich, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives.
You should apply if you:
- have experience leading an engineering team
- can demonstrate people management competence
- are energised by supporting and growing others
- are happy to explore new research and engineering frontiers
- are able to challenge and empathise with architectural or coding opinions in the team
- understand the value of iterating fast; learning from small, safe, frequent changes
- are fluent in English
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- are excited by Snyk’s mission, open-source, or developer tools
- have experience with program analysis
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.