Please note that roles listed as remote are available for remote within the countries advertised.
Snyk is looking for a Senior Product Security Engineer with experience in the areas of application security, cloud native services and developing reusable security libraries. We are building out a world class Product Security function within Snyk’s global Information Security & Risk team to support the company’s rapid growth.
You will have a unique opportunity to help build and shape the technical capabilities and the overall product security programme from an early stage. This role will report into the Application Security Lead.
You'll spend your time:
- Building innovative solutions that extend Snyks capabilities
- Working with architecture, product and engineering teams ensuring security is at the heart of what we do
- Collaborating with your peers to define software/infrastructure guardrails and security abstractions
- Engineering solutions that enable teams to self-serve on meaningful security metrics leading to faster, safer code in production environments
- Performing threat models and code reviews for products and services
- Building out a best-in-breed application security pipeline for real time event monitoring and response
You should apply if you have:
- 3+ years of experience working in security teams
- The ability to articulate security as a business enabler
- 2-3 years of experience writing battle tested production-level code
- Strong understanding of cloud native ecosystems (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience writing solid test cases and documentation
- Experience doing content development for secure coding standards
- Ability to work independently in a remote setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We'd especially love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience working in product security/ application security
- 5+ years of experience working in securing cloud platforms
- Practical knowledge of common threats and exposures to web apps and services
- Strong interest and experience in offensive security techniques
- Experience working with architecture teams establishing common good practices
- Information security certifications (OSCP, OSCE, AWAE, CKS, SANS)
- Experience with either Golang, Python, Scala, Rust, TypeScript
- Familiarity with data analysis / data science techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or Information Technology
We value diversity at Snyk, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, please apply anyway!
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.