All roles listed as ‘remote’ are considered remote within the same country, and should we offer you the position, the remote option will be at the hiring manager’s discretion. Please note, you must not have any working restrictions in the country where this job is located. Check out our Flexwork policy for more information
Location: Tel Aviv (This role is also open to remote work from Israel)
We have an opening for an experienced and collaborative Engineering Manager to join our growing team and help take Snyk Infrastructure as Code from an early-stage product with huge potential into a mature offering that stands alongside our core products.
As part of the Infrastructure as Code team you will help us to build products that enable developers to write secure configurations, and validate them well before code reaches production. Snyk’s developer-first approach meets developers where they work and provides fixes that can be directly merged into code.
We're a small team of ten with a mix of web, security and product skills and a range of different backgrounds distributed across the UK (UTC), Switzerland, and Israel (UTC-2).
We work across the Snyk product range from the Snyk CLI tool, Snyk web application to backend micro-services. We work primarily with TypeScript & Node and Express with a some Go where needed. While we welcome those with familiarity in these technologies we don't require experience with our stack to apply, we have team members with backgrounds in all different technologies.
We're looking for someone who
Is people orientated first and foremost and excited to grow both our engineering team as well as our product. Who is as comfortable balancing people, product and processes to build a great team and deliver a high quality product.
Some things you might work on
- Leading a team of cross-functional software engineers & security engineers, alongside a product manager and designer.
- Working with your product counterpart to own and shape the direction of a core part of our product.
- Introducing and improving the engineering practices on the team - from planning to retrospective; from innovation to operational excellence.
- Managing the hiring for the team, ensuring our pipelines are healthy, helping with sourcing and designing the interview tracks.
- Providing team members with regular feedback, coaching, and mentoring via regular one-on-ones and annual reviews.
- Some coding to support the team where needed, helping to drive out risks by building a proof of concept, or improving our tooling to increase team efficiency.
- Taking part in maintaining and supporting our service during our on-call rotation (for a week every 8 weeks and compensated)
- Leading group initiatives and goals, for example working to help define a career ladder for our Staff+ Engineering roles.
You may be fit for this role if you
- Have experience in coaching, and mentoring software engineers.
- Have a software engineering background and are comfortable supporting the team with their core responsibilities. Including challenging and empathising with architectural or coding opinions in the team.
- Have a people orientated, team-first mindset and are invested in building a high performing team, with a strong engineering culture as much as a successful product.
- Have experience collaborating closely with product managers, designers and engineers to curate a roadmap that aligns with our customers needs. And enjoy working in iterative/build-measure-learn cycles.
- Are a strong multi-tasker, capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to talk about potentially complex technical concepts in ways that make it easy for others to understand.
- Have a high standards and opinions on topics such as code quality, testing and continuous delivery and enjoy working with others to raise the bar.
- Enjoy working on early stage products; talking with customers to identify, prioritise and solve problems iteratively and build something that they really love.
- Are comfortable working with a distributed cross-functional team.
We value building a team with a diverse set of backgrounds and experience. This list is not an exhaustive list of skills we're looking for, nor should you feel like you need to meet all of them to apply.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.