We’re looking for driven, entrepreneurial senior or staff software engineers to join Snyk’s “Labs” team, tasked with assessing opportunities for new product innovations and market expansions.
Snyk’s mission is to help developers and organisations develop fast and stay secure. We believe the only way to scale security is by empowering developers to own it, but for that they need the right tools. Our products enable developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerabilities in their applications, dependencies and infrastructure without slowing down, with seamless integration into Dev & DevOps workflows.
As an engineer in the Labs team, you will identify and evaluate ideas for new offerings, conduct product and technical research, run experiments and validate market fit - while working closely with the product, engineering and strategy teams, as well as our customers.
This is a great opportunity for entrepreneurial technologists, looking to practice formulation of ambitious visions and making them a reality, while leveraging Snyk to make a big impact.
You’ll spend your time:
- Evaluating Product Ideas: Evaluating and developing ideas for new products and capabilities, sourced from across the company and customers.
Working with users, partners, colleagues and experts to consider needs, technology, trends, competition and company strategy. Articulating the product hypothesis and constructing business cases.
- Conducting Technological Research: Analysing, researching and deep diving into technologies, tools and products, existing and emerging, in order to learn how they work and how they can be utilized to build novel solutions to user problems.
- Building Prototypes: Building product prototypes and technology demonstrators in order to test hypotheses, demonstrate feasibility, gather feedback and find market fit.
- Collaborating with R&D: Partnering with product owners, engineers and function leaders - from ideation to realization - to ensure success and adoption of initiatives. Leading multi-disciplinary teams and joint task forces.
- Communicating: Articulating visions, opportunities and risks; evangelizing peers and management; Communicating progress to stakeholders and leadership.
You should apply if you are:
- A Seasoned Software Engineer or Architect.
- You have rich experience writing software quickly and across multiple stacks and environments.
- You are well-versed in modern software development practices and are familiar with a wide variety of software technologies
- A Technologist and a Hacker.
- You love learning about new technologies and you’re curious about how things work under the hood
- Enjoy hacking things together and rapidly prototyping ideas.
- Product Minded and User Driven.
- You have prior experience in discovering and analyzing users’ needs and working backwards to find solutions - validating assumptions as you progress.
- Have demonstrated product intuition, commercial awareness, user focus and strategic vision.
- You look for fitting solutions to problems, not problem to solutions.
- You have worked in an entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial role before, where you have identified opportunities and driven change.
- You are audacious, resourceful and proactive. You dream big and drive to make those dreams become a reality.
- Enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment
- A Team Player, Leader and Communicator.
- You enjoy leading initiatives while giving space to others for ownership and growth - and pride yourself in taking a team-first mid-set.
- You communicate proactively, create alignment, and rally resources.
- You’re adept at conveying complex ideas in simple terms to personas from all levels - from technical engineers to executives
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have been a founder or founding team member or played a key role in a software startup, or major initiative within an enterprise.
- Participated in a startup accelerator or incubator, or worked in a venture studio or in a technical role in venture capital.
- Worked in client facing or field capacity.
- Have experience in cloud computing, application security or developer tooling.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.