We're looking for a Systems Engineer to join our IT team, supporting and maintaining a broad range of IT solutions. This position will require a flexible person who learns quickly, likes to use many different technologies, and has a solid foundation of IT knowledge.
The IT team collaborates with all of Snyk’s departments to support the evaluation, implementation and operation of technologies across the different departments.
You are experienced with existing technologies, and comfortable with new ones. You are a problem solver with excellent execution and communication skills. You will use this experience to define the systems and policies that will help Snyk in its rapid growth.
You’ll spend your time:
- Managing all SaaS platforms in Snyk and implementing new services.
- Discover solutions and services that will fit the requirements of a growing company.
- Functionally decomposing complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Architecting, designing, implementing and supporting infrastructure focused tools and services including project leadership roles.
- Supporting and expanding international systems and infrastructure.
- Helping to define and document Operations Methods & Procedures (M&Ps).
- Collaborating with the rest of the CIS team in defining policies and procedures, and making recommendations for operational best practices.
You should apply if you:
- 1+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Have great tech experience & skills in the areas of problem determination, and troubleshooting of end user problems.
- You are passionate about new technologies.
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Okta, Google Workspace platforms.
- You have strong macOS and Windows skills.
- You have experience in automating processes.
- You have basic knowledge in Python or Node.JS.
We’d especially like to hear from you if:
- Familiarity with patch management software, understand core concepts of patch strategy and software.
- You have basic knowledge in Bash or Powershell.
- Ability to cover after-office hours and weekend support if there are any infrastructure issues.
- Good knowledge of networks, including VPN systems (IPSEC).
- Experience with GCP and AWS environments.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.