Snyk is used by over 2.2M developers, driven by its successful freemium motion - unique in the security industry - and its focus on putting the developer first. Our product-led growth approach is critical to Snyk’s business success with our disruptive developer-first security platform.
We're looking for a Product Director who can lead a number of cross-functional product teams creating solutions and integrations that are at the heart of how developers experience the value of Snyk.
You will own the top-level company vision and KPIs for the Developer Workflows group covering areas including IDEs, our CLI, Pull Request infrastructure and build systems integrations. From setting high-level direction aligned with other product teams across the org to working with the cross-functional teams in the group. From building out a roadmap to working alongside our sales and customer success teams with customers and prospects. You’ll know when to delegate and when to be hands-on.
You’ll spend your time
- Developing the vision for how all of our products intersect and are supported by tools that facilitate seamless developer workflows, communicating it broadly and ensuring efforts are aligned with it
- Working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced and autonomous team environment with a diverse group of engineers, designers, product analysts and data scientists.
- Building the team around the Developer Workflows group, including hiring and mentoring product managers
- Driving a culture of experimentation and data-based decision making, leading by example.
- Working with product analysts / data scientists to define and analyze metrics to assess experiments and feature work, learn more about users and their behavior, and inform decisions.
- Talking with our customers, and potential customers, to understand their needs, gather feedback and requirements, and collaborate with them to build and validate solutions
- Defining and then communicating the product roadmap, both inside Snyk and with customers and prospects
- Working with design to conduct varied user research programs.
- Communicating your teams' work internally and externally, including to executive leadership.
- Researching the surrounding market, with an eye on gaps in the market, competitors and potential partnerships
You should apply if you
- Have significant, proven experience as a successful product management leader
- Have experience in some or all of B2B SaaS, developer tooling or cloud infrastructure
- Have some people and/or group management experience
- Communicate proactively and clearly, and would enjoy working in and leading highly cross-functional, distributed product teams.
- Are energized by working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Have a passionate interest in applying the scientific method toward business KPIs.
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytics skills.
- Are familiar with agile development practices, have a technical background or have worked closely with engineers before.
- Are deeply curious about users, user behavior and have strong UX sensibilities.
- Are interested in the intersection of security and developer experience.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and enjoy helping others to be successful.
- Like to test new ideas, but are equally comfortable pivoting and discarding ideas as you are doubling-down and scaling based on data.
- Are happy to travel at least once a quarter (under usual circumstances) to gather feedback from our users and to spend time working face-to-face with other colleagues that aren’t colocated with you.
- Preferably have some experience with IDE’s, build systems, APIs, CLIs, or other tooling used as part of developer workflow
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!