We’re looking for a collaborative, experienced software engineer to join our team to enable our users to make conscious and informed decisions about the vulnerabilities in their code.
The security group researches vulnerabilities, adds them to the database with pipelines and tooling specially built for their needs, and curates proprietary data for the vulnerabilities in our database. Our team takes this data and surfaces it throughout the Snyk platform enabling our users to take informed actions and minimise their security risk.
You’ll spend your time:
- working across the full stack; Kubernetes, AWS, Vue, Typescript & Node.js.
- owning everything from the commercial success to operational insight of specific features in our platform
- collaborating with teams across the whole engineering organization to integrate security knowledge into our products across the board
- maintaining and supporting a high quality, reliable, fast service for users, at scale
- talking to our users, collaborating with your team to build a product they truly love
- enabling users to better prioritise and remediate the vulnerabilities in their code
- continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- mentoring the other engineers in your team through feedback and advice
- evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
You should apply if you:
- have experience working on a SaaS web application
- encourage effective testing, code quality, and useful code review
- are a capable coder, and are experienced working with TypeScript, Node.js
- are familiar with distributed and data intensive systems
- are comfortable working across the stack as part of a cross-functional team
- are interested in providing technical direction for the team, and influencing prioritisation
- enjoy learning and sharing with your peers, and are comfortable pair programming
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and users
- have worked in front-end frameworks (vue, react, etc), and love to craft beautiful websites that help to engage users and convert them into loyal customers
- have experience developing in Python (django)
- have experience leading and designing projects
- are interested in security and software vulnerabilities
- are excited by Snyk’s mission, open-source, or developer tools
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!