All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
Snyk's mission is to empower developers to build more secure software with minimal investment in time and resources. Our team is at the forefront of this effort. We own the core container analysis workflows and will need your help to expand and refine them.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will, for example, be monitoring the performance of our services at scale and ensure that our workflows are covered with appropriate tests on different levels. Other responsibilities include: deploying production-ready code on a regular basis, actively contributing to the product roadmap; identifying potential improvements in our team processes and workflows, and driving the changes needed to address them.
End-to-end ownership and the authority and responsibilities which come with it are very important to us.
You'll spend your time:
- actively supporting, guiding, and mentoring other engineers
- working across the stack and entire development life cycle as part of a cross-functional team to build the services that power Snyk
- collaborating with other teams and our customers to create a product everyone truly loves
- maintaining and supporting a high-quality, reliable, fast service for customers, at scale
- evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- continuously delivering small, high-quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- participating in an on-call rotation (currently one week every three months, with a lot of support from your group)
You should apply if you:
- are approachable and friendly; an excellent communicator
- have at least 5 years’ experience as a software engineer
- prioritise collaboration, pair programming, and code review
- promote testing as a natural part of any coding effort
- see mistakes as a learning opportunity and a key driver for personal growth
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have experience contributing to open-source projects
- are familiar with distributed system architectural challenges
- have cloud-native and/or Docker experience
- have a demonstrable track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!