All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country
Location: Boston, Remote US, London, Remote UK
Snyk’s mission is to build security into development - the only way security can scale. To get such dev adoption, we built a dev tooling company, not a cyber company. We’re looking to delight and engage developers as we help them secure what they build. This approach spans the entire company, from product to commercial to community - which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a passionate, self-directed Senior Security Advocate to define the strategy and execute our security advocacy operations. Our team aims to educate the global community around DevSecOps practices and rapidly drive the adoption of Snyk’s products. The security advocate will create and proactively share great content, resources, and Snyk product assets, including blog posts, presentations, demos, videos, and more. These activities aim to educate, empower and encourage developers and security practitioners to build securely and own application security across the cloud-native application stack.
As a Senior Security Advocate at Snyk:
You will create, mentor, inspire and lead a well-defined security advocacy strategy. You will identify and lead new projects and initiatives, growing awareness and interest in Snyk’s developer-first security approach and the Snyk platform.
You’ll spend your time:
- increasing awareness around the Snyk platform by educating open-source users, security-focused prospects and customers, and relevant communities about the importance of DevSecOps and the role Snyk plays in application security
- Creating content and presentation assets around developer-first security and app sec.
- working closely together with our partners, customers, the development, product, and marketing teams, and of course the broader developer communities
- identifying and leading innovative integrations and solutions to help users adopt modern security practices with Snyk in different environments
- being a thought leader in the wider developer/security relations group and helping lead the team with ideas and roadmap planning
We work in geographically distributed teams, generally split between the US and EU. We use Slack & Zoom to keep in contact with one another, and you’ll travel around twice a year to spend time with colleagues who aren’t co-located with you.
You should apply if you:
- have previous application security experience: you have a variety of security related professional experience and have implemented the best practices of building security into application pipelines
- Can communicate and connect well with security practitioners and CISOs, both in prepared content and live activities, such as events, roundtable discussions, and meetings, as well as in more informal settings such as social media or in person conversation.
- you’re passionate about building security into application development and are keen to share these approaches with Security professionals, Developers, and DevOps teams
- pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing and teaching
- Shine through presentation whether that is in a meeting, on a stage, or while presenting a product demo; care about both security and open source software; and are excited about learning how to live-hack demo repos!
- are at your best when thinking outside the box, innovating, and inspiring those around you
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have strong security experience, or have worked with security engineers, including security leads.
- have previous experience with containers, container orchestration, and other cloud-native technologies.
Right now, our work is purely virtual given the pandemic. Once made possible, you should expect to spend around a quarter of your time traveling, so you will need to hold a valid passport at all times.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!