We’re looking for a hands-on Director of Application and Cloud Security to build and own the Product Security team, a blended, business-wide AppSec and CloudSec practice within a rapidly growing and increasingly global Information Security and Risk team, reporting to the Head of Information Security & Risk.
You’ll spend your time:
- developing and investing in a first-class Product Security team and transparent, inclusive guild to find and engage stakeholders from every department
- building and monitoring the ‘paved road’ that delivers a frictionless experience, allowing all of our delivery teams to work in a secure manner by default
- defining and driving strategy and delivery of application and Cloud security across a highly DevSecOps oriented, multi-Cloud, SaaS-first environment
- collaborating with our Engineering, Research, Infrastructure and Corporate IT leaders to rapidly and fundamentally transform the security posture of the business
- creating and evangelising a best-in-breed, full-stack SDLC governance programme
- representing Snyk in the DevSecOps and appsec/cloudsec community
You should apply if you:
- have extensive experience and a genuine passion for building and running cutting-edge AppSec and CloudSec programmes and teams
- are a compassionate, people-oriented leader who knows how to get the best from teams, sustainably, and are motivated by enabling the success of those around you
- understand the value of automation, orchestration and scalability in a hyper-growth technology business
- are happy to travel once a quarter to spend time working face-to-face with other colleagues that aren’t co-located with you, as well as building strong online relationships when the pandemic doesn’t allow travel
- have excellent presentation skills, with experience presenting to top executives
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- you have experience leading geographically distributed teams
- are confident representing your agenda and opinions in a business full of engaged, passionate people
- you are passionate about building products that developers love and believe that DevSecOps is an outcome, not a role
- you want to jump onboard a rocketship and help us achieve amazing things over the next two years. (Seriously, ask us about our plans in the interview!)
We value diversity at Snyk, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, please apply anyway!
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.5Billion company valuation.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.