We’re looking for an experienced, collaborative and detail oriented Security Engineer with a broad base of experience working in Cloud and DevOps oriented environments to join the engineering practice in our rapidly growing (and very friendly) global Information Security & Risk department. This role will report into the Director of Security Engineering.
You’ll spend your time:
- operating as an owner for technical supply chain risk management (as in, ‘we need to understand and monitor our supply chain as well as we do our production clusters.’)
- building systems that move us away from nudge-as-a-service in support of our extreme devops focus (enable extreme ownership, hold extremely accountable)
- contributing significantly to the development of our vulnerability and security operations systems, including automation at scale
- helping secure our end user devices whilst preserving user experience (linux and OSX)
- acting as an internal consultant and advocate in a hyper-growth, super-collaborative technology-driven business, advising on the security aspects of projects from around the business
You should apply if you:
- have excellent technical cybersecurity and engineering/development skills, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies, CI/CD and Git
- are comfortable with engineering your way out of problems and hold scalability and process effectiveness in high regard
- experience evaluating and deploying cybersecurity solutions in a public cloud environment (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- understand and fundamentally believe in the importance of using security to enable business as well as protect it
- are happy to travel at least once a quarter to spend time working face-to-face with other colleagues that aren’t co-located with you, as well as building strong online relationships when the pandemic doesn’t allow travel
- Want to jump onboard a rocketship and help us achieve amazing things over the next two years. (Seriously, ask us about our plans in the interview!
We value diversity at Snyk, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, please apply anyway!
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.5Billion company valuation.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.