Snyk is looking for a Security Engineer with experience in the areas of threat detection, security incident response, and forensic analysis. We are building out security operations and response capabilities within Snyk’s global Information Security & Risk team to support the company’s rapid growth.
You will have a unique opportunity to help build and shape the technical capabilities and the overall infosec program from an early stage. This role will report into the Director of Security Engineering.
You'll spend your time:
- Delivering detection and response capabilities across corporate and cloud assets
- Developing signatures used to detect observed and new threats in a cloud-first environment
- Analyzing logs and other forensic artifacts from multiple sources (host, network, memory)
- Developing and refining signatures used to detect observed and new threats
- Defining data requirements and specs for log ingestion for the SIEM
- Supporting and leading security incident response activities involving multiple teams
- Developing security incident response playbooks with a focus on strengthening our ability to learn, adjust, and scale at the speed of the business.
- Collaborating with security architecture, IT, engineering, and infrastructure teams to drive remediation efforts
- Collaborating with teams across the company on projects designed to improve our overall security posture
You should apply if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in information security
- Ability to represent the information security function as a business enabler
- 2-3 years of experience working in Incident response, or in a SOC environment
- Experience responding to, leading, and remediating security incidents
- Strong understanding of cloud computing (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Knowledge of host-based analysis on Mac OS and Linux operating systems
- Use case development/content development within a SIEM
- Able to work independently in a remote setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We'd especially love to hear from you if you have:
- 5-7 years of experience in information security
- 3-5 years of experience working in Incident response, or in a SOC environment
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of threat hunting in a cloud environment
- Excellent technical cybersecurity and engineering/development skills, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies, CI/CD and Git
- Experience evaluating and deploying cybersecurity solutions in a public cloud environment (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Information security certifications (GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, GREM, GCIA, etc.)
- Experience with Bash, Python, and Go
- Familiarity with data analysis / data science techniques for threat detection
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or Information Technology
We value diversity at Snyk, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you're the right person, please apply anyway!
We're on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We're living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk's product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we're not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we're building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren't security experts to stay secure. Join us!