We’re looking for a talented, thoughtful software developer to join our security team to work on our ML-enhanced vulnerability pipeline and management tools so that we can surface, verify, and publish vulnerabilities quickly.
The security team works to develop novel, effective methods to sift through likely vulnerabilities in open source which haven’t yet been discovered, verified, or disclosed. Through pulling them into our data pipeline, the team makes it as simple as possible for our security analysts and researchers to focus on validating them and adding them to our database.
Here at Snyk, you’ll help us expand the reach of our vulnerability pipeline, and contribute to the building of our critical infrastructure that supports our analyst team to verify and publish all the vulnerabilities you find.
You’ll spend your time:
- implementing algorithms into our data-intensive pipeline system
- modelling the data in our database and displaying it in our management system
- engineering systems to scale (this is an ongoing effort, as the scale is constantly increasing)
- enhancing systems to help our analyst team work more efficiently
- creating and improving tooling to enable our security analysis and research work
- working collaboratively with analysts to tackle issues with vulnerabilities
You should apply if you:
- have proficient experience coding in Python
- have recreated large scraping frameworks from design to implementation
- have experience building infrastructure for large scale databases
- care about iterative improvement
- think really understanding a task is 80% of the success of a project
- appreciate being part of a diverse team
- communicate proactively and speak English to a good standard
We'd especially love to hear from you if you:
- really enjoy solving problems, and love learning new things
- are interested in security or open source software, and you believe in our mission
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with our engineering teams based mostly in London and Tel Aviv, and 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives.
At Snyk, we are experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us! By the end of Q 2020 alone, Snyk had already over 600,000 registered users, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, Salesforce, Mastercard, BBC, and others). We also raised an additional $200 million, announced Sep, 2020. With this investment, we have partnered with Stripes, along with Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures, to build on our 2021 momentum and continue to fuel our developer-first approach to security.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.