Senior Software Engineer, Platform Group
UK, Israel, Switzerland or North America (EST, AST or NST only)
We have offices in London, Tel Aviv, Zurich, Boston and Ottawa if you prefer not to work remotely.
We’re looking for a number of smart, caring and proactive senior software engineers to join our core product teams to help our enterprise customers adopt open source and stay secure.
The teams in the Platform Group aim to build a scalable, extensible platform that is used by both our Snyk product offering teams and our Enterprise customers to solve complex challenges, namely:
- onboarding large developer teams onto our multi-tenant SaaS offering
- analyzing and reporting on all the data generated within the enterprise
- applying policies that ease security compliance as an integral part of the software development lifecycle process
This year the teams will extend our ability to onboard customers 100x times larger than we have now; redesign and replatform our reporting offering from the ground up and build a flexible and extensible role-based authorization system.
Here at Snyk, you’ll use your knowledge and passion as a developer, along with your problem solving skills to help us develop software that, in turn, helps others to develop software that is and remains secure.
You’ll spend your time:
- owning everything from the commercial success to operational insight of specific features in our product
- engaging in problem analysis and collaborating with product to create plans that continue to delight our current users and win new ones
- executing on those plans by coding across the full stack
- working in a full CI/CD environment, at a sustainable pace, in two-week sprints
- promoting technical excellence across the team
- mentoring and coaching other engineers in the team & group
- taking part in our on-call rotation to maintain and support our production service (for a week every ~10 weeks)
You should apply if you:
- have experience working on a SaaS web application
- encourage effective testing, code quality, and useful code review
- like to move quickly and iteratively, and believe that shipping early is often best
- are comfortable with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows
- are proactive and enjoy working on cross-functional delivery teams
- enjoy learning and sharing with your peers, and are comfortable pair programming
- are interested in providing technical direction for the team, and influencing prioritisation
- enjoy helping to mentor and grow other engineers
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have worked with Kubernetes or another container-based operational environment
- have experience working with Vue.js
- have experience working as part of a distributed team
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We’re on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
We’re living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyk’s product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and we’re not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure. Join us!