We’re looking for a supportive, proactive senior software engineer to join one of our core product teams to help our enterprise customers adopt open source and stay secure.
The teams on the Enterprise Group aim to solve challenges encountered by the CISO of a large enterprise, namely:
- onboarding large developer teams onto our multi-tenant SaaS offering
- analyzing and reporting on a large count of applications developed within the enterprise
- applying policies that ease security compliance as an integral part of the software development lifecycle process
- measure and enhance the engagement and adoption of our service by individual developers
This year the teams will extend our ability to onboard customers 100x times larger than our current biggest, develop workflows in the product to match the challenges such enterprises are facing, and ensure proper engagement and adoption of these features.
You know how to develop modern full-stack web applications. You’ll use that knowledge to understand the business priorities, participate in feature design, and incremental delivery of a SaaS application in a full CI/CD workflow. Here at Snyk, you’ll use your passion as a developer to combine your problem solving skills with your desire to work on the right problems!
You’ll spend your time:
- owning the development process of specific features in our SaaS offering
- engaging in problem analysis and collaborating with the product team to create feature plans that outline implementation details
- coding and building features on ad-hoc, cross-functional feature teams
- working in a full CI/CD environment, at a sustainable pace, in two-week sprints
- promoting technical practice improvements across the team
- supporting and mentoring more junior team members
- taking part in maintaining and supporting our service during our on-call rotation (for a week every 10 weeks)
You should apply if you:
- have experience working on a SaaS web application
- encourage testing and code quality, and prioritize useful code review
- like to move quickly and iteratively, and believe that shipping early is best
- are comfortable with Git, GitHub, and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows
- are proactive, and enjoy working on cross-functional delivery teams
- enjoy learning and sharing with your peers
- are interested in providing technical direction for the team, and influencing prioritisation
- enjoy helping to mentor and grow more junior engineers
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have worked with Kubernetes or another container-based operational environment
- have experience working as part of a distributed team
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others).
Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.6 billion company valuation.We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.