We are looking for a collaborative, experienced senior software engineer to join our ecosystems team and help us help developers write secure software!
In our ecosystems team we introduce and improve support for dev tools, languages, build systems, package managers, source code management and more. This means tackling challenges such as taming the complexity in developer ecosystems, providing a reliable and fast service at scale, and optimising the algorithms behind dependency resolution.
You’ll spend your time:
- coding and pair programming, building the services that power Snyk
- growing the other engineers in your team through feedback, mentoring, advice
- talking to our customers, collaborating with your team to build a product they truly love
- maintaining and supporting a high quality, reliable, fast service for customers, at scale
- evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- developing relationships with open source contributors—reviewing and incorporating their contributions.
- participating in an on-call rotation (currently one week every three months, with multiple people sharing each rotation)
You should apply if you:
- understand the importance of testing and code quality
- prioritise collaboration, pair programming, and code review
- work sustainably, quickly and iteratively—through high quality code and continuous delivery
- are comfortable working across the stack as part of a cross-functional team
- like to start new things, see them through to production, and learn from your mistakes
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- understand software dependency management in depth
- have experience contributing to open-source project
- have experience with test driven development
- are familiar with distributed system architectural challenges
- have experience running software in production
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others).
Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.6 billion company valuation.We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.