We are looking for a collaborative, experienced software engineer to join our ecosystems team and help us help developers write secure software!
In our ecosystems team we introduce and improve support for dev tools, languages, build systems, package managers, source code management and more. This means tackling challenges such as taming the complexity in developer ecosystems, providing a reliable and fast service at scale, and optimising the algorithms behind dependency resolution.
You’ll spend your time:
- coding and pair programming, building the services that power Snyk
- growing the other engineers in your team through feedback, mentoring, advice
- talking to our customers, collaborating with your team to build a product they truly love
- maintaining and supporting a high quality, reliable, fast service for customers, at scale
- evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- developing relationships with open source contributors—reviewing and incorporating their contributions.
- participating in an on-call rotation (currently one week every three months, with multiple people sharing each rotation)
You should apply if you:
- have significant experience building production software using: c++, jvm or .net based language, Python
- understand the importance of testing and code quality
- prioritise collaboration, pair programming, and code review
- work sustainably, quickly and iteratively—through high quality code and continuous delivery
- are comfortable working across the stack as part of a cross-functional team
- like to start new things, see them through to production, and learn from your mistakes
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have worked on large scale projects using c/c++
- understand software dependency management in depth
- have experience contributing to open-source project
- have experience with test driven development
- are familiar with distributed system architectural challenges
- have experience running software in production
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with our engineering teams based mostly in London and Tel Aviv, and 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. Not to mention that we have an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
At Snyk, we are experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us! By the end of Q4 2019 alone, Snyk had already over 110,00 registered users, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, Salesforce, Mastercard, BBC, and others). We also raised an additional $150 million, announced January 21, 2020. With this investment, we have partnered with Stripes, along with Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures, to build on our 2019 momentum and continue to fuel our developer-first approach to security.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.