All roles listed as ‘remote’ are considered remote within the same country, and should we offer you the position, the remote option will be at the hiring manager’s discretion. Please note, you must not have any working restrictions in the country where this job is located. Check out our Flexwork policy for more information
Location: Israel, Switzerland, UK
We are looking for a collaborative software engineer to join our team and help our developers write software to keep our customers secure!
In our group we introduce and improve support for dev tools, languages, package managers, source code management and more. This means tackling challenges such as taming the complexity in developer ecosystems, providing a reliable and fast service at scale, and optimising the algorithms behind dependency resolution.
If you've used snyk test on the command line, have your GitHub code tested in the snyk web app, or use snyk monitor in your CI pipeline - that's us!
You’ll spend your time:
- coding and pair programming, building the services that power Snyk
- growing the other engineers in your team through pairing, feedback and mentoring
- talking to our customers, collaborating with your team to build a product they truly love
- maintaining and supporting a high quality, reliable, fast service for customers, at scale
- evolving our technology and architecture to meet the challenges ahead
- continuously delivering small, high quality changes to production, at a sustainable pace
- developing relationships with open source contributors—reviewing and incorporating their contributions.
- participating in a paid on-call rotation (currently one week every two months)
You should apply if you:
- understand the importance of automated testing (maybe with experience in TDD) and code quality
- prioritise collaboration, pair programming, and code reviews
- work sustainably and iteratively, delivering high quality code using continuous delivery
- are comfortable working across the stack as part of a cross-functional team
- like to start new things, see them through to production, and learn from your mistakes
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
- enjoy solving complex technical problems
- feel comfortable working with uncertainties and unknowns
We value building a team with a diverse set of backgrounds and experience. This list is not an exhaustive list of skills we're looking for, nor should you feel like you need to meet all of them to apply.
We’d especially love to hear from you (but you don’t need these skills to apply!) if you:
- have infrastructure as code (IaC) experience, particularly Kubernetes (K8s) and Terraform, or have an SRE background
- have worked on large scale projects using Java, c/c++ or .NET
- understand software dependency management in depth
- have experience running software in production
- are familiar with the challenges of distributed systems
- enjoy the challenge of finding the right alerting, monitoring and SLOs for your services
- have experience with open source products/ecosystems/communities
- have experience writing technical documentation
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.