Social Media Marketing Manager
Location: Boston or London preferred
We’re looking for an experienced, driven, and creative Social Media Manager to lead our social media strategy and day-to-day activity.
As the Social Media manager, you will be both the strategist and the day-to-day manager of our social media activity, engagement, and reporting. You will work closely with the Marketing, Developer Relations, Business Development and Channel Marketing teams to identify and build our social audience, engage in a timely and impactful way, and drive interest in Snyk and growth of our online presence.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for posting content, responding to inbound online engagement, managing social media programs and key KPIs, while ensuring the brand voice is consistent across all platforms.
- Manage company social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and other relevant platforms
- Develop appealing and engaging content to expand and strengthen brand awareness and online reputation
- Participate in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, with our customers, prospects, influencers, and other new audiences
- Closely monitor and analyse program results to understand what works and how to optimise performance toward key KPIs
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence and relevant communities
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers
- Work closely with cross functional teams, campaigns and programs to implement the supporting social media activity.
- Create content that promotes audience engagement and increases audience traffic to on company sites
- Propose new ideas and approaches to social media content and engagement.
- Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience engagement while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise visits
- Stay up-to-date with the latest conversations and trends in the application security, container security, devsecops and software development markets.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organisational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you:
- Have at least 3 years relevant working experience in a B2B tech environment
- Have prior success in generating and growing authentic followers, likes and shares
- Have a true understanding and appreciation for how social media fits into the marketing and growth strategy
- Have experience using data and analytics to understand performance and inform decision making
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a face-paced, high energy environment
- Have strong attention to detail
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience and skills in Adobe Creative Suite, content development, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging
- Have experience with Hubspot, Google Analytics and other relevant Social Media technology
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find and fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into dev and devsecops workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of 2019, Snyk had adopted more than 450,000 developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $150 million, announced January, 2020
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.