Snyk is leading the market in developer-first security, helping development and security teams build software quickly and securely. We’re growing fast, adding thousands of new users, onboarding new enterprise customers, rapidly expanding our teams every quarter, and sharing our story with the market - and we want YOU to join us for the ride!
Snyk is looking for an experienced Director of Sales Training & Enablement to join Snyk’s marketing team and support a fast-paced and massively growing global sales team.
You will join our marketing team report directly to the head of product marketing. You will work closely with sales management, sales operations and product marketing to ensure our sales team is trained on a consistent sales methodology, our sales processes, and our products and the technical and business ecosystem around them. You will, in conjunction with sales leadership, define our sales methodology to support sales to customers ranging from large, global enterprises to small and medium-sized businesses. You will collaborate with product management and product marketing to build and manage training on Snyk’s products, use cases, competitors, and ensure the field is situationally fluent in the security and development ecosystem. You will ensure the sales team knows the information they need to know, and can quickly find the information they need to find, to support our customers in their buying processes. Successful candidates must be passionate about teaching, knowledgeable about selling, and able to understand company objectives and develop ideas to achieve them.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Evaluating strengths and weaknesses against company strategy to identify sales training needs.
- Collaborating with sales management to develop and deliver a curriculum for a sales methodology that incorporates prospecting, introduction, discovery, negotiation, closing and on-boarding of new clients.
- Develop an onboarding training program for new sales hires and deliver to new sales employees distributed across the globe.
- Defining a product training structure and managing ongoing training on new products and key features as they are released.
- Collaborate with product marketing on ad-hoc trainings on products, competitors, and verticals as needed.
- Coordinate with sales and marketing to ensure sales tools, marketing collateral and training content are easy to find and use.
- Gather input on ways to improve training programs, structure, and resources and implement changes to continuously improve our sales training delivery.
- Measure impact and report on training effectiveness.
- 5-10 years of sales training working within a B2B software sales environment and coaching repeatable sales skills and sales methodologies.
- First-hand experience with an enterprise-level sales methodology such as Solution Selling, Challenger, SPIN or Force Management.
- Ability to drive projects (motivated self-starter)
- Previous experience leading Sales Enablement in a B2B technology company, SaaS Software preferred (extra points for DevSecOps/AppSec experience)
- 5+ years of direct sales experience as an account executive, account manager, and/or sales manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and engaging teaching and presentation presence
- Demonstrated experience training sales teams selling large, 6+ figure solution-level software or SaaS sales.