Snyk is leading the market in developer-first security, helping development and security teams build software quickly and securely. We’re growing fast, adding thousands of new users, onboarding new enterprise customers, rapidly expanding our teams every quarter, and sharing our story with the market - and we want YOU to join us for the ride!
We’re looking for an experienced, driven, and creative PR/AR marketer to lead our public and analyst relations strategy and execution.
As the Director of Public Relations & Analyst Relations, you will be both the strategist and the day-to-day manager of our public relations, analyst relations, awareness building campaigns, executive speaking opportunities, global awards program. Targeting key reporters, analysts and influencers in the security, development and business markets, your goals will be to establish strong relationships and secure ongoing coverage of the Snyk business, product differentiation, thought leadership, customer success, company milestones and other newsworthy stories.
You will have strong existing relationships with global media and analysts; you are hard-working, collaborative and results-oriented. You will identify ongoing media opportunities, have creative approaches to engaging our targets and be a passionate advocate and communicator for the Snyk brand, business and product. You will work closely across internal Snyk teams and report to the VP, Marketing.
- Build and execute a comprehensive plan to dramatically increase Snyk brand awareness and promotion of Snyk products, leadership and culture; define key KPIs and regularly report on them.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop a compelling messaging platform about Snyk’s vision, product offering and key differentiators in the market.
- Continuously identify new opportunities to educate Snyk’s target audiences about Snyk’s value and to promote thought leadership and community involvement.
- Establish and maintain relationships with targeted and relevant media groups, individual influencers and technology analysts.
- Manage the analyst relations strategy, working closely with internal SMEs and leaders to strengthen individual relationships and maintain a regular cadence of briefings and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain a consistent calendar of outbound news stories and engagement with targeted media, bloggers and analysts.
- Directly manage our external PR agency and any other PR/AR consultants.
- Participate in brand/business messaging, communication and reputation management as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience pitching and working with media outlets and reporters.
- Extensive experience engaging and influencing technology analyst firms (e.g. Gartner, Forrester).
- Can balance big picture strategy with executing day-to-day tasks and urgent requests.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Deadline-oriented; results-oriented; and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated to positively impact the Snyk business through PR/AR campaigns that will build awareness, create buzz and secure relevant coverage.
- Understanding of social media and first-hand experience engaging and working with bloggers.
- Strong project management skills.
- B2B tech experienced required; Security, DevOps and/or Development category experience highly preferred.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with our engineering teams based mostly in London and Tel Aviv, and 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we have teams across multiple offices, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. Not to mention that we have an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
At Snyk, we are experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us! By the end of Q4 2019 alone, Snyk had already over 110,000 registered users, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, Salesforce, Mastercard, BBC, and others). We also raised an additional $150 million, announced January 21, 2020. With this investment, we have partnered with Stripe, along with Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures, to build on our 2019 momentum and continue to fuel our developer-first approach to security.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.