Snyk is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial attorney to join the growing Snyk Legal function and to support the sales team with commercially-driven legal advice and strong drafting skills.
As Legal Counsel at Snyk:
You will be based in Boston and you will report to the General Counsel in London. You will have excellent contract drafting and business negotiation skills gained in both private practice AND in-house. You’ll use that knowledge to negotiate and close B2B deals with enterprise customers. We use Slack & Zoom to collaborate internally, and you’ll travel at least twice a year to spend time with colleagues who aren’t co-located with you.
You’ll spend your time:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including software licensing and SaaS.
- Advising and counseling internal business clients, including software engineering teams, on usage of Open Source Software (OSS) and provide guidance related to OSS compliance and disputes.
- Training the sales team, updating legal playbooks and improving contracting documents and processes.
- Assisting with legal department projects, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
You should apply if:
- You have a minimum of five years of experience, of which a minimum of three years has been spent in-house.
- You have experience in drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial agreements and software licensing.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy communicating complex ideas in simple language to non-lawyers.
- You can demonstrate how to balance risks and rewards against a backdrop of competing priorities and stakeholders.
- You have a JD from an accredited US law school and are a member of a State Bar and in good standing.
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- You have worked in an innovative and disruptive start-up in hypergrowth mode.
- You have SaaS and open source licensing experience.
- You have a background in software engineering
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $70m, announced September 10, 2019, from investors such as Accel, GV and Boldstart, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech and law. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
We do not require help from recruitment agencies at this time.