We're looking for an experienced technical analyst with a proactive and curious approach to problem-solving to join our Customer Success & Support team, helping us to provide prompt and delightful technical support to the developers who use Snyk.
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Our product enables developers and enterprise security to find & fix vulnerable dependencies, without slowing down development. Snyk integrates seamlessly into developer workflows so that security becomes business as usual.
Over 300,000 developers depend on Snyk to keep their software secure. We have many large organizations on board, including Disney, Google, New Relic, and ASOS, and we are growing rapidly.
As a level 1 Technical Support Engineer on our small Customer Support team, you’ll be the first line of defense against technical support issues that arrive via email, chat and Github issues. You will work with the Tier 2 team and our talented core engineering team to help solve Snyk’s customer issues. You will be working directly with active and prospective Snyk customers every day, building and maintaining their trust, whilst balancing the needs of enterprise and self-service customers alike.
As a frontline engineer for our technical support team, you will also play a key role in building a solid relationship with our enterprise and large accounts through steady and helpful communications and guidance each and every day!
You'll spend your time:
- Understanding, reproducing and resolving complicated technical issues that our customers have raised.
- Diving into our codebase, primarily written with NodeJS/Typescript, to figure out where the issue lies, and what a good solution might look like.
- Providing expert communication, ensuring that every user knows exactly when they’ll hear back from us and providing regular updates while solving their problem.
- Listening to our users’ needs, listening for recurring requests, and representing their voice in daily meetings with the Tier 2 and engineering teams.
- Contributing to building up a best-in-class technical support function, including writing customer documentation and FAQs, building dashboards, or designing integrations between tools.
- Over time, we’d love for you to have ambitions to develop your career as a developer or as a technical expert within Snyk!
You should join us if:
- You have some experience as a developer or in a similar role.
- You enjoy working with others’ code and have used GitHub or other source control tools.
- You love helping people and care deeply about providing an excellent customer experience.
- You take a logical approach to solving problems and prioritization.
- You are a clear communicator, both verbally and in writing, and you enjoy explaining things to others.
- You are curious: you love to explore new challenges, but also know when you need guidance from someone with more domain experience.
- You’re interested in security or open source software, and you believe in our mission.
More about Snyk
We work in geographically distributed teams and have offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston, and Ottawa. We use Slack & Zoom to keep in contact with one another, and you’ll travel around at least twice a year to spend time with colleagues who aren’t co-located with you.
Please apply! You can ask us questions about this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value diversity at Snyk, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, please apply anyway!