We’re looking for an exceptional design leader to head our global design team to evolve a compelling user experience that developers love to interact with, and support the consistency and impact of the existing Snyk brand. This role will report directly to our CPO.
The design team collaborates closely with product and engineering to create, test and implement highly usable interfaces that our users love. You will also collaborate closely with the marketing team to continue to strengthen our compelling dev-first security brand across all our digital and visual assets.
As the head of design, you’ll play an important role in achieving Snyk’s mission of helping software developers use open source and containers securely
You’ll spend your time:
- improving the overall experience of our product through research and design
- developing and constantly improving design processes to ensure a high bar of quality
- running usability testing sessions, and iterating on the design and flows based on this feedback
- hiring, leading and mentoring the design team members across product and marketing
- collaborating cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and marketing to ensure a smooth product design process and consistent visual language.
- rolling up your sleeves when needed and participating in design deliverables
- maintaining and evolving our design system, in collaboration with our engineers, to ensure the UI is consistently implemented across our portfolio
- establishing world class design practices and a strong design culture
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you:
- successfully led design teams in SaaS B2B companies
- developed compelling design systems for digital products
- have deep understanding of design principles and industry trends
- have plenty of experience running usability testing sessions
- can demonstrate work process methodology including user workflows, wireframes/mockups and design explorations
- are agile and enjoy the speed of a fast-paced, highly engaged startup environment.
- have flawless written English, and you're confident running customer-facing communications.
- are hands-on, curious and love to explore new domains and technologies.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $70 Million, announced September 10, 2019, from investors such as Accel, GV and Boldstart, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.